Try the good old Haldi Doodh now!
Benefits of the drink are :
- The key component of Turmeric is loaded with Antioxidants, they're essential to the functioning of your cells
- Reduce Inflammation and joint pain while Ginger, cardamom and all other ingredients have potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Curcumin is a substance in turmeric that may increase levels of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). Low levels of BDNF may be linked to disorders like Alzheimer's disease. Ginger boosts brain function by improving reaction time and memory.
- The effects may reduce joint pain and osteoarthritis. Haldi Doodh, meaning Turmeric Milk, is perfect for balancing all doshas in the body.
- A warm glass of this time tested drink before going to bed can help you boost immunity and ensure faster recovery from cough and cold.
-1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric, or to taste
-1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
-1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 pinch ground ginger
-1 pinch ground cloves
-1 pinch ground allspice
-1 cup milk
-3/4 teaspoon honey, or to taste
-1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract