In Ayurveda, Triphala Churna is an acclaimed medicine for various reasons. While discussing the Triphala Churna uses in Hindi, we must understand that ‘Triphala’ combines two words, ‘Tri’ meaning ‘three’ and ‘phala’ meaning ‘fruit.’ Therefore, the Churna (Powder) is made by combining three primary Ayurvedic ingredients: Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), and Bibhitaki (Terminalia Bellirica). These constituents are called myrobalans. Ayurvedic Texts like Charaka Samhita and Susruta Samhita praise Triphala Churna as a Tridoshic Rasayana. Therefore, it can balance the three Doshas: Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. Ayurveda considers Triphala Churna as an all-comprehensive drug that can promote overall health and longevity. This article will discuss the Triphala Churna Use for health, hair, and skin.
Triphala Churna Uses & Benefits for Health According to Ayurveda
1. Manages Constipation
One Triphala Churna use is that it helps in relieving constipation. It is a Rechana (laxative) and comes with Vata-balancing properties. Therefore, by consuming Triphala Churna, you can allow easy and regular bowel movements.
2. Treats Diarrhea
Triphala Churna can help manage the symptoms of diarrhea and dysentery. Also, the powder of Triphala can help address the issues of the lower GI tract.
3. Reverses Hyperacidity
Triphala powder can relieve the symptoms of hyperacidity and acid reflux by eliminating gasses from your system. This is an excellent remedy for people who experience the issue of hyperacidity.
4. Manages Anorexia
Triphala powder has the power to stimulate your appetite. It is a powerful antioxidant that improves digestion, and when you digest the food you are eating, you will feel hungry for more.
5. Cure for Anemia
Triphala powder can improve the hemoglobin content by increasing the number of red blood cells. Therefore, it is an excellent cure for anemia.
6. Is a remedy for Jaundice
Triphala powder comes with Hepatoprotective properties. It can reduce inflammation in the liver and improve liver function. Therefore, when someone has Jaundice, Triphala can help manage the symptoms of Jaundice and eliminate toxins from your liver.
7. Treats Nervine Debility
Triphala Powder can prevent peripheral nerve damage caused by diabetes and other health issues.
8. Helps you slim down
Triphala fights obesity – The condition of being obese is the result of an imbalanced Meda Dhatu. This Imbalance may be attributed to a weakened digestive fire (Mandya Agni). By eliminating Ama (toxins) from your system, Triphala can improve digestion and help reduce Meda Dhatu.
9. Comes with chemoprevention potential
Triphala Churna can reduce the growth of tumors and suppress the proliferation of cancer cells.
10. Improves liver function
One of the Triphala churna uses is that it can improve liver function by balancing the Pitta and strengthening the digestive fire.
11. Treat Arthritic joints
Triphala can treat joint inflammation by reducing the activity of your body’s inflammatory mediators. This can reduce arthritic joint pain and discomfort.
12. Fights Gastrointestinal Ulcers
By promoting the production of healthy enzymes, Triphala churna can reduce the risk of ulcers in your stomach and intestines.
13. Fights Diabetes
Triphala is anti-diabetic in nature, and that is one of the most notable triphala churna health benefits. It acts by inhibiting the action of glycolytic enzymes. It can lower the rate of glucose absorption. This helps in blood glucose management.
14. Supports Eye Health
The flavonoids and vitamin C in Triphala can benefit your eye health and keep age-related vision issues at bay.
15. Strengthens Immune system
Triphala Churna is an immunomodulator due to its antioxidant properties, which can stimulate your immune system against various diseases. In other words, Triphala Churna comes with amazing Roga Nirodhaka Shakti.
16. Regulates Blood Pressure
Triphla Churna can regulate your blood pressure level. By consuming Triphala Churna, you can actually maintain optimum BP levels. Furthermore, Triphala can eliminate the accumulated plaque from your blood vessels, reducing the risk of heart attacks, strokes, etc.
17. Improves Oral Health
Triphala may be used as a mouthwash to improve your oral health. It can reduce your sensitivity to hot and cold food, remove dental plaque, and reduce the chances of cavities.
If you want to improve your oral health learn: How copper tongue cleaner can help improve your oral health
Triphala Churna Uses & Benefits for Skin
1. Fights acne
Triphala Churna has the power to pacify aggravated Kapha and Pitta Dosha. When the Kapha Dosha gets imbalanced, the overproduction of sebum clogs your skin pores, leading to skin scarring, pimples, and pus-filled bumps. Bacteria start feeding on those, leading to skin infections and acne. You need to mix Triphala with Ghee and water and boil the mixture on a flame. When the Triphala Ghrut is ready for use it may be applied topically on the acne-affected areas.
2. Prevents hyperpigmentation
Triphala Churna can prevent the overproduction of the melanin pigment, which helps treat skin hyperpigmentation issues.
3. Anti-aging benefits
Triphala Churna can delay skin aging due to its high content of antioxidants. Also, the Churna can reveal lost collagen tissue, preventing your skin from sagging.
Triphala Churna Benefits for hair
Hair, according to Ayurveda, is closely associated with the Asthi dhatu. When your Asthi dhatu increases, your hair quality improves. Ayurveda recognizes Palitya (Premature Graying), Khalitya (Alopecia), and Darunaka (Dandruff) as the major hair issues and believes Triphala Rasayana is a solution to all these problems. It is the perfect hair tonic according to Ayurveda.
So, how can Triphala Churna help in hair care?
1. Treats Dandruff
Due to its antifungal properties, the active ingredients in Triphala Churna can prevent dandruff-related hair fall.
2. Supports Hair Regrowth
One of the Triphala churna benefits for hair is that it can stimulate the hair follicles, allowing new hair growth. In Ayurveda, the issue of hair loss and baldness is referred to as Indralupta. Poor nutrient absorption triggered by digestive issues can decline the health of your hair. As Triphala strengthens digestion, it indirectly supports healthy hair regrowth.
3. Prevents Hair fall
Amla, one of the fruits in Triphala, can inhibit 5-AR, keeping the levels of DHT low. This phenomenon reduces hair fall.
4. Restores natural shine in dull, damaged hair
Recent studies have shown how amla, an essential constituent of Triphala, boosts the tensile strength of your virgin and bleached hair.
5. Stops premature graying
Triphala is loaded with antioxidants that can counteract free radical damage.This helps in the prevention of premature hair graying. Vitamin E in amalaki, an important Triphala component, fights oxidative stress efficiently, while bibhitaki, another Triphala constituent, is known to nourish hair and prevent early graying.
How to take Triphala Churna
You can take Triphala Churna/Powder in three ways:
- By mixing the specified dosage of the Churna in lukewarm milk
- By mixing the specified dosage of the Triphala Churna in lukewarm water
- By making a Triphala tea/decoction (To make the decoction, you need to add Triphala powder to boiling water and steep for a few minutes, after which you can strain and drink the tea warm.) Apart from drinking, you may use the Triphala tea or decoction for washing conjunctivitis-affected eyes or as a mouthwash.
1. In what quantities are the three dried ‘Phala’ powders mixed in Triphala Churna?
AFI (Ayurvedic Formulary of India) has specified that the three fruits are to be mixed in a 1:1:1 ratio.
2. Which are some of the most celebrated Ayurvedic medicinal preparations using Triphala Churna as the key ingredient?
The most celebrated Ayurvedic preparations making use of Triphala Churna are:
1. Chandraprabha vati
2. Triphala kwath
3. Triphala Guggulu
4. Arogyavardhani vati
5. Triphaladi Ghrita
3. What is the most ideal daily dosage for Triphala churna?
It would be best if you took 1 to 3 grams of the health-enhancing Triphala Churna with lukewarm water.
If you wish to embrace good health with the power of Ayurveda, you must order the Zandu Triphala Capsules, made from the purest form of Triphala extracts. Triphala is a boon to mankind. So, don’t miss it. Visit Zanducare.com to place your order without delay!
Triphala Churna Ayurvedic medication is a renowned health booster that can give you a healthy body and mind. This churna is safe for consumption. The three fruits that make Triphala are unique in their properties and the results each yields. With this medication, you can cure a wide range of ailments. This article has aptly talked about the various Triphala churna uses. However, before using the churan, you must consult an Ayurvedic practitioner, as the churan might interact with some other medication you might be taking.
This article is written from a health and wellness perspective and is not medical advice. Kindly seek the help of a certified medical practitioner before initiating any treatment.
- Triphala: A comprehensive ayurvedic review
- Triphala and its constituents ameliorate visceral adiposity from a high-fat diet in mice with diet-induced obesity
- Role of Triphala in dentistry
- Therapeutic Uses of Triphala in Ayurvedic Medicine
- Antifungal potential of triphala churna ingredients against Aspergillus species associated with them during storage
- 5α-reductase inhibition and hair growth promotion of some Thai plants traditionally used for hair treatment
- Effect of Phyllanthus emblica Linn. on Tensile Strength of Virgin and Bleached Hairs
- Ayurvedic Advocacy for Health Promotion
- Traditional Herbal Remedies for primary healthcare
- Evaluation of Efficacy of Triphala Ghrut in various Tvacha Vikar (Skin Disease) W.S.R. to Acne Vulgaris
- Alopecia Areata (Indralupta): A case successfully treated with Ayurvedic Management
- Management of folliculitis decalvans with ayurveda- A case report
- Antioxidant Effect of Triphala – Critical Review
- Clinical Study of ‘Triphala’ – A Well Known Phytomedicine from India
- Phytochemical analysis and In-vitro Biochemical Characterization of aqueous and methanolic extract of Triphala, a conventional herbal remedy
- A REVIEW – ROLE OF TRIPHALA CHURNA IN CONSTIPATION