Obesity is one of the most prevalent health conditions in the world. As a result of which, many people now have excessive belly fat. Everyone is looking for remedies to lose belly fat and become healthier. Thankfully, Ayurveda has numerous natural remedies that can help reduce belly fat holistically.
Let’s Find Out What Ayurveda Says About Belly Fat
According to Ayurveda, belly fat increases due to vitiated Kapha in the body. It means that if you are leading a sedentary lifestyle and consuming fatty and sweet foods, you are more likely to see an increase in your belly fat.
So, how do you reduce belly fat? Are there any herbs or ingredients in Ayurveda that can help get the desired results?
How To Lose Belly Fat According To Ayurveda?
Here, you will find some herbs and natural remedies mentioned in Ayurveda for losing belly fat.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Methi or fenugreek seeds are rich in various nutrients that help reduce excessive weight. It is loaded with galactomannan, a water-soluble fibre, that helps curb cravings and increase the metabolic rate in the body.
The best way to use fenugreek seeds is by drinking Methi water. For this, you have to roast some fenugreek seeds and then crush them in a mortar and pestle. Add this powder into the water and have it on an empty stomach in the morning. Alternatively, you can also soak some fenugreek seeds overnight in water and consume these seeds along with the water.
Turmeric is known to have an active polyphenol called curcumin, which helps reduce inflammation and burn excessive fat in the body.
To use turmeric, you can make some turmeric tea by adding a pinch of turmeric to water and letting it boil for 5-7 minutes. You may also make turmeric milk by adding a pinch of turmeric powder while heating the milk.
Powered with digestive fibres, Amla or Indian gooseberry is considered ideal for boosting digestion and metabolism in the body. The best way to consume Amla is in the form of juice. It helps burn fat and also manage diabetes. Alternatively, you can also eat Amla Murabba to lose belly fat.
Cinnamon or Dalchini is one of the best Ayurvedic herbs to cut belly fat and improve metabolism in the body.
To use cinnamon, you can drink a cup of cinnamon tea in the morning. To make cinnamon tea, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder or one cinnamon stick to boiling water and let it continue to boil for another 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, you can also sprinkle cinnamon powder on your breakfast cereals in the morning.
Guggul is an Ayurvedic herb known for centuries for its weight-loss properties. It contains plant sterol, also known as guggulsterone, that helps cut belly fat, reduce cholesterol and boost metabolism in the body. One of the best ways to use Guggul is by making Guggul tea.
Blessed with fat-reducing properties, the bark of the Vijaysar tree is highly effective in managing obesity and boosting digestion. To use Vijaysar, add its powder in the recommended dosage to your herbal tea.
Triphala is an Ayurvedic formulation made from three herbs, namely Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. Its powder is known to have many medicinal properties and is vastly used to remove Ama, boost digestion and improve metabolism.
Another Ayurvedic herb known for its weight-loss properties is Punarnava. Enriched with diuretic properties, it helps reduce water retention and shed excess belly fat.
More Lifestyle Tips By Ayurveda To Reduce Belly Fat
- Eat three satisfying meals a day without snacking in between. It helps improve digestive fire and maintain healthy metabolism in the body.
- Take a heavy lunch, ideally between 11 am and 2 pm, as the digestive fire is the strongest during this time.
- Eat a light dinner before 7 pm. It will help the stomach get empty before bedtime, thereby supporting the natural detoxification process that occurs while sleeping.
- Include Kapha-pacifying foods in your body to cut belly fat. According to Ayurveda, warm, dry, rough, light and digestible food are ideal for balancing Kapha.
- Practice Yoga and Pranayama every day. It will help increase metabolic rate, boost blood circulation and burn belly fat.
- Drink lukewarm water throughout the day. It eliminates harmful toxins or Ama from the body and boosts metabolism, thereby helping you lose belly fat. You can also add herbs in the water, such as ginger.
- Your body detoxifies naturally when you are asleep. Sleep also helps to burn down the excess belly fat. Therefore, get sufficient and sound sleep every day.
On A Final Note
These Ayurvedic herbs and home remedies are highly effective in boosting metabolism. Use them to manage obesity and burn belly fat. You should also include the above-mentioned Ayurvedic lifestyle tips to prevent a further increase in belly fat.