Overweight and obesity have become a major concern in the world. They may lead to various metabolic disorders such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, etc. Therefore, it is extremely important to lose weight effectively and holistically. Ayurveda mentions some highly effective herbs to help you lose weight naturally. One of these herbs is Triphala. Also known as the powerhouse of Ayurveda, it not only aids in losing weight but also in maintaining the overall health of the body.
What is Triphala
Triphala is a Sanskrit word, meaning three fruits. It is an Ayurvedic formulation made from Amalaki, Bhibhitaki and Haritaki. Ayurveda mentions Triphala as a Tridoshic Rasayana, which means that it can balance all three of the body- Vata, Pitta and Kapha. All the three fruits used in the formulation of Triphala are rich in various medicinal properties, making this herb one of the best remedies to lose weight, boost immunity, improve gastrointestinal health and detoxify the body.
How Does Triphala Aid in Weight Loss?
Triphala has many properties that aid in losing weight. Some of these properties that aid in the process of weight loss are listed below.
Detoxifies the body:
Ayurveda states that Ama or toxins disrupt the digestive fire and the metabolic process of the body. It can lead to unintended weight gain and obesity. Triphala is highly effective in eliminating these harmful toxins from the body and accelerating the process of weight loss.
Indigestion and digestive disorders are the leading causes of weight gain and obesity. According to Ayurveda, poor digestive fire or Agni can disturb the Medo Dhatu or fatty tissues of the body. Triphala is one of the most effective Ayurvedic herbal remedies to boost digestion and improve digestive fire. The laxative properties of Triphala improves bowel movements and prevents constipation. It also inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut and strengthens the digestive tract.
Triphala helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the body and stimulate metabolic processes. With an effective metabolic rate, more calories are burned in the body. Enhanced metabolism also aids in preventing many metabolic disorders such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, etc.
Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
Obesity or weight gain is linked to inflammation in the body. The anti-inflammatory properties of Triphala aid in reducing chronic inflammation and thereby supporting the process of weight loss.
Reduces Oxidative Stress:
Oxidative stress may also lead to weight gain. Triphala is highly rich in antioxidants. It helps to eliminate free radicals and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
What are the Other Benefits of Triphala?
- Triphala is known to control blood sugar levels and help in the management of type 2 diabetes.
- Triphala is highly rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help the body fight many infections and diseases. It also helps to build immunity in the body.
- It is highly beneficial for eye health. It helps in improving vision and preventing diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, etc.
- The antioxidants and antimicrobial properties of Triphala aid in maintaining oral hygiene. It eliminates oral germs, prevents plaque formation, aids in the treatment of dental diseases such as gingivitis, cavities, mouth sores, etc.
- The antifungal and antibacterial properties of Triphala can help in treating skin disorders such as acne and eczema. It also greatly improves the quality of hair.
- Triphala has strong anti-inflammatory properties that are highly beneficial for the treatment of arthritis and gout.
- Triphala. exhibits adaptogenic activity that helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
Being overweight is a serious health issue that needs to be managed effectively. Otherwise, it might lead to many other diseases. Triphala is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies you may encounter to lose weight. It not only helps to enhance metabolism in the body but also to improve gut health. It is a one-stop remedy for all your problems.
There are many ways to consume Triphala. One of the most popular means of taking Triphala is Triphala Churna. However, you must remember that diet and lifestyle changes are equally important to losing weight. Therefore, eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly to increase the metabolic rate in the body.