Sugarcane juice is one of the most popular juices in India. According to Ayurveda, there are many medicinal benefits of sugarcane juice. It is also one of the best foods to pacify Pitta Dosha in the body. However, many people are concerned about the consumption of sugarcane juice because of its high sugar content. There are many myths about the adverse health effects of sugarcane juice. Let’s know the facts behind these myths.
4 Myths About Sugarcane Juice Busted
- Myth: Sugarcane juice increases weight.
Fact: According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice is one of the best remedies for losing excess weight. It helps reduce the bad cholesterol levels, boost metabolism and eliminate harmful toxins or Ama from the body. It is also rich in soluble fibres, which help to clear your gut and improve digestion, further stimulating metabolic activities in the body.
- Myth: Diabetics can not consume sugarcane juice.
Fact: Sugarcane juice is safe for diabetes patients if consumed in moderation. It contains natural sugar that has a low glycemic index, meaning it does not spike blood glucose levels instantly. However, if you have diabetes, you should never drink too much sugarcane juice as it contains sugar nevertheless. It is also advised to consult a doctor before including it in your diet.
- Myth: You should not drink sugarcane juice during pregnancy.
Fact: Ayurveda recommends adding sugarcane juice to the diet of expecting mothers. It helps to facilitate not only safer pregnancy but also quicker conceptions. Furthermore, it also contains high amounts of vitamin B9 and folic acid, which help protect the foetus from several birth defects.
- Myth: Sugarcane juice can cause kidney stones.
Fact: Sugarcane juice is one of the best natural diuretics. It, therefore, helps to fight urinary tract infections and eliminate kidney stones. In addition, sugarcane juice also helps boost protein levels in the body, which further help to improve kidney functions.
More Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice According To Ayurveda
- Boosts Energy: The sucrose present in sugarcane juice helps to rehydrate your body and relieve fatigue and tiredness, thereby giving you the much-needed energy to kick-start your day.
- Fights Cavities: Sugarcane juice is rich in calcium and phosphorus, which help to strengthen the enamel of the teeth and prevent tooth decay. It is also highly effective in reducing and preventing bad breath.
- Cures Jaundice: According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice is the best remedy for jaundice. The antioxidants present in sugarcane juice help prevent liver infection and regulate the levels of bilirubin, thereby boosting the overall liver health.
- Enhances Digestion: Rich in potassium, sugarcane juice helps prevent stomach infection and treat constipation. It is also loaded with soluble fibres that boost the digestive system in the body.
- Improves Skin Health: According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice is also effective in fighting acne, blemishes and other skin disorders. It also helps to delay ageing and maintain the radiance of the skin.
- Boosts Immunity: Powered with vitamin C and antioxidants, sugarcane juice helps strengthen the immune system and fight against digestive disorders, liver diseases, respiratory infections, etc.
- Improves Bone Health: Sugarcane juice is blessed with many nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium, all of which help to boost bone health. It not only makes your bones strong but also lowers the risk of osteoporosis.
On A Final Note
Sugarcane juice has many benefits and offers numerous therapeutic uses. According to Ayurveda, it is one of the best remedies for weight loss, kidney stones, constipation and jaundice. Yet, many myths revolve around sugarcane juice, owing to the sugar content present in the juice. However, now you know the facts. Therefore, start including sugarcane juice in your diet now.