When it comes to traditional Ayurvedic medicine, the world offers plenty of remedies that have withstood the test of time. Among these remarkable formulations is Chandraprabha Vati, a powerful supplement known for its wide benefits.
This article delves into the depths of Chandraprabha Vati, exploring its origins, uncovering its potential advantages, discussing appropriate dosages, and shedding light on any potential side effects.
So, if you’re curious to learn more about this ancient Ayurvedic gem, join us as we discover the wonders of Chandraprabha Vati.
What is Chandraprabha Vati?
Chandraprabha Vati, a renowned formulation deeply rooted in Ayurvedic medicine, has captured the attention of health enthusiasts seeking natural remedies. Derived from a blend of potent herbs and minerals, this traditional Ayurvedic supplement significantly promotes overall well-being.
Literally translating to “Moonlight Tablet,” Chandraprabha Vati is named after the moon (Chandra) due to its cooling and calming effects. It is commonly available as a tablet and is composed of a unique combination of herbs, including Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Shilajit (Asphaltum), Vacha (Acorus calamus), and others. 
Chandraprabha Vati Ingredients
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul): A resin known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
- Shilajit: A mineral-rich substance that supports overall health and vitality.
- Sharkara (Sugar): Provides sweetness and helps bind the ingredients.
- Karpoor (Camphor): Known for its cooling and soothing properties.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus): Used for its effects on digestion and respiratory health.
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus): Used for its digestive and diuretic properties.
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum): Known for its ability to support the respiratory system.
- Gajapippali (Scindapsus officinalis): Has digestive and respiratory benefits.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes): Often used for its effects on digestion and metabolism.
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala): Considered to support urinary and kidney health.
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum): Used for digestive and detoxification purposes.
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum): Cinnamon, known for its warming and digestive properties.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum): Cardamom, used for its potential digestive benefits.
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala): Included for its digestive and aromatic properties.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale): Ginger, known for its digestive and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum): Black pepper, used for its digestive benefits.
- Pippali (Piper longum): Long pepper to support digestion and metabolism.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa): Turmeric, known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Daruka (Cedrus deodara): Cedarwood, believed to have diuretic effects.
- Chavya (Piper chaba): Often included for its digestive benefits.
What are the health benefits of Chandraprabha Vati?
Let’s take a closer look at some of the potential advantages this supplement may offer:
1. Supports urinary health
One of the primary uses of Chandraprabha Vati is maintaining urinary tract health. It can benefit individuals with urinary discomfort, frequent urination, or urinary tract infections. 
2. Offers reproductive system support
Chandraprabha Vati is often recommended to promote reproductive health in both men and women. 
3. Offers hypoglycemic properties
It showcases hypoglycemic properties, which may help in managing blood sugar levels.
4. Builds immunity and strength
As a Rasayana (rejuvenating) herb, it has the potential to boost immunity and provide strength to the body.
5. Offers digestive Support
Some of its components may contribute to improved digestion and metabolism.
6. Helps with inflammation
The ingredients of Chandraprabha Vati including guggulu, are known for their anti-inflammatory effects. 
7. Relieves anxiety and pain
Ingredients like Trivrit, Pippalimoola, Guggulu in Chandraprabha Vati offer relief from anxiety and pain which contribute to a sense of calmness and comfort. 
8. Aids in reducing fatigue and general debility
Containing Loha Bhasma and Shilajit, Chandraprabha Vati is believed to enhance strength (Bala) and alleviate fatigue and overall weakness. 
9. Offers constipation relief
Vitsanga could be viewed as an imbalance in Apana Vata, akin to constipation. Dryness in the colon (Pakwashaya) plays a key role in causing Vitsanga, and the components of Chandraprabha Vati aid in facilitating Apana Anulomana, thus alleviating constipation. 
10. Enables kapha balance
Chandraprabha Vati’s ingredients such as Shilajit and Guggulu that possess qualities such as dryness (Virukshna) and scraping (Chedaneya), which impact Kapha Dosha. 
What are the uses of Chandraprabha Vati?
Chandraprabha Vati finds application in various health conditions. Here are some common uses of Chandraprabha Vati:
1. Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
Chandraprabha Vati has long been used to address urinary tract infections. Its potent blend of herbs and minerals may help relieve symptoms like a burning sensation during urination, frequent urination, and discomfort in the urinary tract. 
2. Kidney stones
3. Reproductive disorders
Chandraprabha Vati is often used to support reproductive health in both men and women. 
4. Blood sugar levels
The hypoglycemic nature of Chandraprabha Vati makes it a helpful remedy for controlling blood sugar levels. 
What is the recommended dosage of Chandraprabha Vati?
Determining the appropriate dosage of Chandraprabha Vati is crucial to ensure its safe and effective use. However, it’s important to note that the recommended dosage may vary based on individual factors and the specific health condition being addressed. Always consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
How to consume chandraprabha vati?
Here are some points to keep in mind about the consumption of chandraprabha vati.
- The recommended chandraprabha vati dosage can vary depending on age, health condition, and the specific guidance of a healthcare practitioner. A common dosage may range from 1 to 2 tablets one to two times a day.
- You can take chandraprabha vati after meals. Consume it with warm water or milk, as it may enhance absorption.
- The duration of Chandraprabha Vati consumption can vary based on the intended purpose. It may be used for a specific period as directed by a healthcare professional or on a more long-term basis for chronic conditions.
What are the side effects of Chandraprabha Vati?
As with any herbal supplement or medication, it is advisable to consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner before starting or discontinuing Chandraprabha Vati. They can assess your health condition, provide personalized recommendations, and monitor your progress to minimize the risk of side effects.
Where to buy chandraprabha vati?
|Amazon||₹65 (80 Tablets)|
|Patanjali Ayurved||₹43 (40 Tablets)|
|1mg||₹85 (80 Tablets)|
|Flipkart||₹262 (80 g)|
1. What are Chandraprabha Vati uses for females?
Females commonly use Chandraprabha Vati to support reproductive health. Additionally, it can be beneficial for managing urinary tract infections and improving overall urinary health.
2. What are Chandraprabha Vati benefits for males?
For males, Chandraprabha Vati offers various benefits. It may help enhance reproductive health by improving sperm quality. Additionally, it can aid in managing urinary issues.
3. Does Chandraprabha Vati lead to an increase in urine output?
Yes, Chandraprabha Vati’s diuretic characteristic contributes to the elimination of kidney stones. It encourages urine production and facilitates the passage of kidney stones. The formation of kidney stones is attributed to an imbalance of Vata and Kapha dosha, which leads to the accumulation of toxins in the form of crystals within the body.
Chandraprabha Vati, a revered Ayurvedic formulation, holds immense potential in promoting holistic well-being. With its blend of powerful herbs and minerals, this herbal supplement offers several benefits ranging from supporting urinary and reproductive health to improving immunity.
However, adhering to the recommended dosage and seeking guidance from a healthcare professional to ensure its safe and effective use is important. While Chandraprabha Vati has a remarkable history of traditional use, it is essential to be aware of potential side effects and consider individual factors before incorporating them into your wellness routine.
The information provided here is not intended to replace professional advice or treatment.
- Antidiabetic activity of Chandraprabha vati – A classical Ayurvedic formulation. 22 September 2016
- CHANDRAPRABHA VATI IN MUTRAKRICHHRA-A REVIEW. 3 April 2018
- A Critical Review on Chandraprabha Vati – An Ayurvedic Formulation.
- Modulatory effect of Chandraprabha Vati on antimicrobial peptides and inflammatory markers in kidneys of mice with urinary tract infection.
- Management Of Ashmari (~Renal Calculi) Through Ayurveda.